The Ultimate Gift Guide for Training Professionals
Posted: December 12, 2018
‘Tis the season for showing the ones on your nice list how much you care! From subscriptions to memberships, conferences, professional development books, and everything in between, there’s something here to make everyone on your learning list cheer (including a few freebies!). Whether you’re looking for holiday inspiration for your coworker or yourself — unwrap these gift ideas perfect for training professionals!
- Subscription to an eLearning or design tool: We rounded up a few of our favorites here and in our popular webinar — Must-Have Tools for Any Instructional Design Budget — found here.
- Industry-related book:Search ATD’s extensive library for topics on training, learning theory, instructional design, talent development, and more!
- Ticket to an upcoming learning conference:Give the gift of learning this year. With a higher ticket price, consider giving a gift card that a coworker might be able to use toward the conference of their choice, or — maybe this is a gift worth giving yourself! Here’s a great list of must-attend conferences.
- ATD or eLearning Guild subscription: Following along the same trend, what’s better than supporting a friend’s professional development? These learning-focused communities offer a wealth of resources to explore all year long!
- Personal and professional development books:For those of you whose New Year’s resolution is to provide inspiration to others, our CEO’s Amazon Best-Selling books are both thoughtful and motivating!
- Unleashing the Entrepreneur is a hands-on guide for Millennials to establish their voice, develop their vision, and uncover their true passion while thriving in a corporate environment. (Download a free chapter here!)
- The companion book, A Manager’s Guide to Unleashing the Intrapreneur, explores success strategies used by Millennial-friendly companies such as Chili’s, Edward Jones, and 3M — perfect for managers who want to establish new business growth, influence a culture of innovation, and support the needs of the Millennial generation by inspiring intrapreneurship. (Download a free chapter here!)
- Professional certification:Whether you’re looking to brush up on a specific topic or give your résumé an impressive boost, certifications make the perfect gift for yourself! Not sure where to start? Take this short quiz from ATD and get inspired by these four certifications to help lift your leadership skills in the new year!
- Subscription to a learning and development magazine:Don’t you just love receiving something fun in your inbox or mailbox amidst the bills and junk mail? A subscription to your coworker’s favorite magazine, like Training Industry (free digital subscription), CLO (free digital subscription) or Training Magazine, would make for great mail days throughout the year!
- 20 hours toward your staffing needs:Who couldn’t use the gift of Extra Hands You Don’t Have to Hold™? Tap into our talented Innovators on Demand™ to empower your learning team with 20 FREE hours. There’s a gift everyone in the office will appreciate!
- Free design downloads:Another great gift offered by our friends at Articulate are these FREE PowerPoint and Storyline downloads. The best part? They continue to add to this list as new downloads become available. How’s that for the gift that keeps on giving?
- Recorded webinars:From PowerPoint tips to top trends in learning and development to coaching successful teams, our one-hour recorded webinars are great bite-sized (and free) gifts for yourself or your coworkers to enjoy into 2019 and beyond!
We hope these training-focused presents get you in the giving spirit! Need more gift-giving ideas? We have you covered with these 10 additional last-minute gift ideas for coworkers!
About the Author
Jessica is a full-time marketer, life-long storyteller, and constant learner with a passion for marrying strategy with aesthetics. Throughout her career, Jessica has coached hundreds of small businesses on building purpose-driven brands online. She has spoken on stages across the country including Social Media Marketing World, Yellow Co., and San Diego Ad Club – just to name a few, where she has shared her powerhouse marketing mindset and techniques. She joined the ttcInnovations family full-time in 2017 where she now combines her expertise in digital marketing, her impressive background in teaching, and her knowledge as well as a passion for adult learning. Fueled by coffee, she lives in San Diego with her husband and their two pint-sized golden retrievers.