#SHRM2018 — Our Favorite Sessions and What We’re Most Excited For
Posted: June 12, 2018
At ttcInnovations, we enjoy helping our team of Innovators by allowing them to participate in industry conferences to grow in their areas of expertise, spark creativity, encourage career development, and inspire professional connections. These four components lead to our Innovators returning to their jobs ready to problem solve and #UnlockInnovation. Our Human Resources team is heading to the SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition next week, and they couldn’t be more excited to sit in on the amazing lineup of sessions, as well as meet and greet fellow “HR-ers.” (And may we say — the rest of us wish we could tag along to see Pentatonix?)
This conference is meant for HR professionals to gather and learn from internationally renowned speakers! During the conference, there are over 200 sessions organized into six tracks: business & HR strategy, HR compliance, global HR, professional development, talent management, and total rewards. Attendees like our Innovators will gain insightful tools and resources to take back to their jobs and implement helpful HR practices into onboarding processes, company culture, and more. Here’s what our team is looking forward to!
Dana Janssen, Chief Human Resources Officer
I’ve been counting down to #SHRM18 for months! The theme this year is expand your world, and I’m looking forward to taking full advantage of all the conference has to offer. There are a lot of heavy-hitting sessions to choose from, and I’m eager to bring back ideas to implement in our organization. I’m particularly looking forward to hearing from Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook, at the closing general session. I really admire her work. Here are a few other sessions I can’t wait to attend:
- Where’s Waldo? Discovering and Retaining Hidden Talent for Your Organization
- The CHRO Perspective: How the Best Make It Happen!
- HR Analytics: Using Data to Drive Results
- The Neuroscience of Engagement: The Deeper Science of Learning, Change, and Peak Performance
- Using Culture Data to Solve Business Problems
- Working Together Yet Apart: How to Create Optimal Collaboration on Global Virtual Teams
- HR’s Role in Creating a High-Trust Culture: Tips, Tools & Techniques to Increase Your Trust
Nicole Whitney, Human Resources Specialist
I am thrilled to be attending SHRM 2018 in Chicago! This will be my first SHRM conference and I’ve been assured by many that it will not disappoint. I am eager to network, gain insight on HR trends, and catch as many sessions as I can, covering everything from onboarding to metrics.
- Creating a Dynamic Onboarding Experience
- Understanding Metrics: How to Connect HR’s Goals to Business Strategy
- How a Best Place to Work Culture Impacts the 3 R’s: Recruiting, Retention and ROI
- Five Essential Elements to Build Leadership That Motivates, Inspires, and Engages
- Communicating for Greater Influence – Mastering the ART of Communication
- The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength
About the Author
Emily is a social media marketer with an affinity for bringing an authentic voice to creative words. In the past few years, Emily has primarily assisted both small and large businesses alike craft their brand, grow their audience, and build community through social media platforms. Her own writing can be found on a number of blogs relating to the industry and laced through social media accounts masked as the brand’s identity. She first joined the ttcInnovations’ family as a freelance contractor but has now settled into a part-time role where she oversees all social media initiatives with her expertise flair and intrapreneurial skills. Her love for craft coffee, explorative travel, and watercolor art fuel her inspiration and creativity on the job.